Current Time In China

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Adjusting to Jet Lag





First photo is 7 eleven across from the White Swan Hotel. Parts is parts and you can get them here! lol next should be the garden in front of White Swan. Then us at Hong Kong Airport right before boarding to come home. Gabby in pink is at home after a bath and dressed for the day. The last is when we first touched ground on US soil in the plane. We were told she is full US Citizen as soon as we landed in the US. For us it was at SFO International airport in South San Francisco, CA.

Wow, I had no idea the jet lag would get me like this. I think the big issue is that as I am adjusting Gabby is slower so she still wakes when we should be asleep. So, I am tired and then get up with her and she thinks hey, let's play for a few hours. No matter how much I show her the moon is out and the sun is down she still thinks it's time to play-lol. The pediatrician said about two weeks for the babies to adjust. She adopted form China as well and her Little one is four now, so she has BTDT. Gabby loves rice congee. I found out it is also called jook. My assistant coach for Hannah's soccer team is Chinese and he gave us the recipe but also sent some over with Sandra on her way to work. Boy, his was awesome. Every time after Gabby had a bowl she fell asleep for two hours. Humm? I wonder what the secret ingredient is, I think it is a bit of salt and that chicken, wow she loves the chicken. Thanks to Eddie for sending this, Gabby loves it! (pretty sure she is gaining at a healthy pace now! lol)

I am posting tonight to let you know that we are all doing great. Gabby is very a very happy baby. We go to her Cleft Panel of Doctors this Friday. On Jan 31 she has her hearing test. She seems to be doing well but we could use continued prayer support for her appointments and follow up care for her cl/cp. WE are really focusing on the ears at this time as I think this is something that wakes her with pain. A typical condition of a cleft affected baby is fluid in the middle ear area. We hope to get tubes in right away so we can help protect her hearing.

Hannah started back to school today and although she hadn't fully completed everything by using her recesses and lunch time today she completed all of her homework. She has a big Social Studies test tomorrow and could use a lot of prayer. She is such a trooper. She began to study for it once home from school and I had to make her put it away to go to sleep! She has worked hard. She will also give a report and show pictures of her trip next week.

Kevin is back to work and we are so thankful that His work saw to it our home was safe while we were gone. A huge storm came through knocking over trees, our chicken coop is all over two properties and the concrete picnic table out front was blown off! That tells you how strong the winds were.(four adults had a hard time lifting it and placing it on top of the base, but the wind had no problem blowing it off!) Our new Gazebo is history and can't be repaired, our decorative wrought iron fence had some damage but can be repaired. All in all we are thankful that the house and garages were spared and God saw to it that we have a warm roof over our heads upon our return. Kevin is right back to his routine and today was less tiring then yesterday. So, things are getting back to norm.

I have learned to sleep when she does and trust that the packing will and can be done a bit later. The first day or two I tried to get too much done and was up with her then up working and never rested. I crashed hard. Now I will move at a reasonable pace with realistic goals! (hard for me as many of you know I try to fit too much in a short time period. In fact-I should log off now!)

Love to you all and here are a few pictures of us!

blessings and God's peace, Hayley

No comments: