Current Time In China

Friday, January 4, 2008

Jan 4th-Pearl Factoy and Acrobatic Show

We had a wonderful day. Our first buffet breakfast and the omelet was great. Kevin had cereal with yogurt (like thick milk) Hannah had two hard boiled eggs and fried potatoes with spicy seasoning, she loved them!!!

We headed to orientation an d met Shiyan for the first time. She is a nice lady and very concerned for the orphans in China. She has a big heart! She was informative of what to expect and she will meet up with us later in Guangzhou.

Joy took several of us to the Pearl Market. What fun. I was able to get Gabriella Pearls for her wedding day!

Hannah enjoyed watching mommy barter and Kevin was taking pictures of me trying to cut the best deal. I was even called a "cheap lady" lol......I did get the deal though.

Hannah picked out a gift for her cousins and a few things for herself!

Kevin was th media man today and a trooper, as he hates to shop. He did see cool stuff though like the Temple to Heaven across the way from the Pearl Market. I would have missed it, I was too busy finding deals!

We grabbed KFC to go and rode Taxi back to Hotel. The closest time to hitting another car and I have it on video!

We got ready to go to Acrobatic Show. What a grat show. A few folks fell asleep, jet lag catching the best of them or as one of the dads put it "the sleep monster snuck up on him". Hannah and I had compromised seats to see the whole stae but we loved it! Amazing show!

We got back and several of us decided to venture out together for one of the dinner spots Joy our guide had mentioned. Oragus a chain that is safe to eat at and only about 6 per person a buffet. We went it was a bit further of a walk then we had understood, but we made it and can you imagine the eyes and speed of the language when I tried to tell them we needed a spot for 21 folks! The manager was great. Her broken english and my ability to read facial espressions landed us all sitting together within minutes of each other. Did I mention that she asked a party already eating to move? I couldn't believe it! They were teens. I told the last one as he turned and looked xie xie thanks and he said ,"bu xie" which means no problem it's okay! Kevin said he would love to find someone like her and start a chain in the US! She was amazing. We also got some a game card and won a discount on a Ninja Turtel Game. We all thought it was money..lol but no, just a discount! One in our group won a key chain! Yipee!

We walked home and saw an amazing hair salon. We asked if we could take a picture of the perm techiniques in China, and were told Okay! So....we took a picture.

Over all a great day. Kevin is not snoring right now so I will try to catch some sleep before it starts up again. Poor guy not his fault, I just wish I could sleep though. Hannah sleeps through it but not me. I hope he is feeling better soon. Tomorrow is Cloisinae (sp?) factory on the way to reat wall and then on to great wall. We were told it will be very cold! Keep us in your prayers and I will post soon.

I love the sight seeing but I can hardly wait to get to our Gabriella!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Congrats on arriving safely and your first night there. Shiyan is an amazing person and only wants the best for the babies and their families.
Enjoy your time there and catch up in your sleep.Was the Great Wall awesome or not. We were there in 100 degree weather and now you are there in the cold. Wishing you happiness in the days to come and hope all goes well with your flight to Gabby's province. Can't wait to see the pictures of Gabby in your arms.
Tell Joy and Shiyan Hi from us.

Kathy Eason