Current Time In China

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Hello From Nanjing

So sorry to keep you all waiting. We have been pretty busy. Gabby is as easy as pie! She did get a bit off schedule last night. She woke up at 1 am and thought she she stay up a bit. Like until 330 am all is well today and she was just hungry and wanted to check out the halls. Her daddy was so good, he walked her around for over an hour.

We had a free day yesterday and we went ot the Department Stores. Very interesting I met a guy named Felix in the shoe department, he was buying for his daughter. He is Chinese and from this city of Nanjing. He moved two years ago. His wife and 3 year old daughter named Birdgette were back in Vancouver. He came to Nanjing because his father is very ill. I asked what was his illness, was it just old age and he said yes. He was kind of teary eyed and I asked if I could pray for his father with him. He said yes, so I held his hand and I prayed. Tiff, Hannah and Morgan, the Harter's daghter were there too. The workers watched with kind looks on their faces. He helped us to translate and then we were off to shop some more. I asked if I could take a picture adn give him a hug he said yes. When we parted he said to me, "bless you".

I am amazed of the love of the Father every day more and more. Just when I think I have begun to grasp HIs depths He shows me more. This dear man later crossed my path as I was being drug all over the department store because no one could figure out how to use a foriegn credit card. (I know how you just slide it through and sign the form, rihgt?!-lol) Well, I saw Felix and shouted, "Felix, can you help me. What are they doing and what is the matter with my card?"

HE siad he will stay with me and find out otherwise he will worry about me. So he came with me to the counter of store manager. He explained that the store he thought had bad service and he apologized as this is where he is from. He then said that the department store is not set up for foriegn cards adnd they made several phone calls and then they wee able to get permission. Felix was very kind and helped me.

God knows and sees all and He places people in your path everyday. My dear friends and family never get so focused on what you believe to be the finish line rather keep your eyes, ears and mind open to all that is around you. Enjoy every step you take and look for God's presence. Teach your children to SEE GOD ALL AROUND them. Teach those you love how safe we are in the hands of the Heavenly Father. I am blessed to have an awesome husband who loves me the way Christ loves the Church and a family who loves and forgives me the way God has forgiven them, and a daughter born unto us on APril 10th, 1997 a true blessing, and now a daughter born into our family on Jan 6th back home and in China Jan 7th. A child who because of imperfections, because of gender, and because of circumstance was protected in the hands of her Grandma Hu Gui Qin in the Lian yun gang Social Welfare Institute. She was because God found favor with her and stirred up in our hearts Oct 5, 2005 to come to China because He saw fit for us to be her forever family. She has been filled with love and joy from birth and God has been with her and will continue to be with her.

Never should any of you feel alone or unloved because God cares for you the same way He does for all. We must listen to Him and lean on Him and trust Him. When we do we are blessed beyond our wildest dreams and we SEE GOD EVERYWHERE!

Please pray for Felis's dad and for Felix to have peace and comfort at this time. Also please pray for the Harter Family who's little Abigail is five years old and while they are making great strides it si still hard and scary. Please pray for every family on this journeya dn fo those who have gone and returned as this is not a two week trip but a trip to last a lifetime.

Blessings to you all and we were able to enjoy Chinese Food here in the hotel last night. then I wen tot have Gabriella's Memory Book translated. It is all on tape. Yes, as tears run dow my face my dear Gabriella has a recorded history. This is not something all will get and I know the blessing this brings to us. As Jane says for the one whos luggage was lost the history of her daughter is found. She says maybe God did this for you to balance out the rough start. I said I know He did!

Also we went to Prince's Palace for local tea and traditional dance and music. We went to local art store. I have items to bring back from here to give to Gabriellas as she grows.

We will go to the silk factory tomorrow before we head to the airport. Not too much time for me to post as Gabriella likes hanging out with me when she is not sleeping! She loves her sister and daddy too , but when tired she really wants mommy!

Love to you all-Hayley, Kevin, Hannah, and Gabriella

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures Hayley! Some of your family outside by the water, looks like a postcard. Also thanks for the perfect words for me to hear. You seem to express just what I need to hear in bite size pcs. easy to chew. Did that make sense?
I LOVE Gabby's hats!!!!! I'm a hat person too. I was tring to figure out if I could get them in my luggage:)
Praying for your family everyday from IN.
Shelly

Terry said...

Hayley, you are such a wise women and your faith inspires me to keep focussed on Him! Lord Jesus be with all these families in China and bless thier travels...God Bless you! Terry (COP)