Current Time In China

Monday, January 14, 2008

Hello, From Guangzhou

No pictures right now, I will do some later. I have to resize them so I can post and it is getting late. I need to sleep because everyone else is! Tomorrow is our consulate appointment. We leave the hotel at 3 pm and it is a 45 minute drive. the appointment is at 4pm. This is the swearing in ceremony. No cameras of any kind allowed. WE will leave ours on the bus and take pictures outside afterward for you all. I think maybe we will wear our matching China clothes. WE will see. Today was nice and relaxing. At 230 pm I met a few others at the shop across from the hotel. I met a gal named Minnie there and she is now my friend. She took us to the wholesale market where the shop owners buy. WE got great deals on purses, shoes etc. Everything designer! I have a Louis Vitton back pack, a Coach sachel, and a large Coach overnight bag with long strap or hand one! I spent 66US dollars. This was very good! It was only a 15 minute cab ride one way! We had a Chinese meal tonight ordered by our Guide, Shiyan. At dinner she learned of our travels and visited our room after. She didn't know about this place and was happy to learn about it. She also thought it was neat that I met someone who was so kind to help us. I asked what would be nice to tip her and we all agreed on an amount. When I went to pay Minnie, this is when she said to me again, "no, you don't take money from friends. This is what friends do, I helped you as a friend I do not want any money." She was happy to help us and she is a very kind young lady who speaks really good english. I met her bartering at her shop. She wanted to know what I did in the States. I said I was in sales. She said I figured. She studies marketing in school and said I was very good. It was kinda funny, because she took over for the other girl, whom I first met the day prior. I guess I really came out ahead, because, Minnie stepped in on day two adn I had never met her before. She was happy to help me and I shared with her that we have friends who come overy couple of months and if she gives the Bethany Group the best deals we will conitnue to come there. Anyhow, I had a great time and I have met a new friend. Peace to you all at home and yes, Gabby was sleeping and Hannah was doing homework with Kevin while I was gone. I was out form 230-5pm, just in time to go to our big dinner. HOpe this all makes sense and I now am falling asleep trying to update you all. Blessings and good night! Love to you all, I miss you, Mom why no email today? lvoe, Hayley

1 comment:

Carol said...

Wow! We lost track of your blog!! Well big congratulations!!! Looks like you are having fun!!!

She looks wonderful!!! You are lucky to keep the bow on her head....Emily RIPS hers off!!

Carol
April Lid group went sn too!!!