Current Time In China

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Forbiden City and Hutung Tour Jan 6th



Well today in Beijing it was colder because of the wind! We went to Forbidden City, the Hutung Tour (old traditional style housing and cultural area) we rode on a rickshaws, encounter many near misses, visited a traditional home and met a family still living there. We enjoyed the history and time today very much.

On the way home we organized a group of those who wanted to go shopping, and a dinner time with Joy as our guest at a very good, nearby Chinese restaurant. Okay, I guess I should tell you this part too, Joy handed me the microphone so I could be heard better, and Kevin, who hasn't said more then a few words at most, said, "Oh no, take it back that is a big mistake giving her the microphone."

Okay-here's what makes this funnier then it seems to this point; I had told folks when Kevin does talk it is meaningful and sincere, so guess what, yes everyone was laughing! It was all in fun! I promised no Karaoke too!

What a great time I had on my birthday to do what I love best; Helping others, shopping, negotiating, and being surrounded by people who are so much fun! I had been the day before so I helped those who wanted to go get there an back safely. I hailed Taxi's, helped in negotiations, and enjoyed a foot massage and head massage while the other's finished shopping! 18 of us including Joy in that number went to dinner and the adults were at one table and the other had all the girls. What a nice way to end our time here in Beijing. Then it was back to the hotel to pack as we leave at 515 am for the airport.

When I was helping the others shopping, Hannah did homework with Kevin as she shopped yesterday. She got most of her math done! Yippee!

I had a birthday cake sent to my room from the hotel staff! How awesome is that? We had a slice after we were done packing and then I sat down to tell you all about today. I am tired and need to get up early but tomorrow is the really big day! The day we hold Gabriella MaryMei Huggins Friedman for the first time! Praising God from whom all blessings flow and praying for the whole group as we split up and go onto our different provinces. WE are blessed to be traveling with 4 other families to our Province of Jiangsu. We will stay at the Grand Hotel in Nanjing, the capitol City. And today, I leaned that Nanjing means South Capitol City and Beijing means North Capitol City. Nanjing use to be the Capitol of China. I think I had read that before but today it sank in!

Thanks to all of you who sent birthday wishes like Mo, Tori, Mom and so many others. May your days be blessed and your troubles few. -Hayley

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday dear friend! Praying for a wonderful Family Day and for Gabby's transition. Praise God!
Heather Luke